How to chase the cold from your babies.

Nov 16, 2013
Another week passed, and I have a lot of things to share with you, but, in this post I will share just the problem that I had last week with our lovely baby. Because I think that this happened not just with me and Damian, but also with your babies.

From the beggining I want you to say that I´m outdated and I choose naturist treatment versus drugs. And I appeal to the drugs in the last moment, in case that I see that nothing good happened.

So, Damian got a cold. It is told that you don´t need to make baths when children are sick, because in this way they can have fever. We, me and my husband, decided to make the bath, because Damian likes it so much. We were careful and made a litle bit colder the water than we make it usually. The good news that nothing bad happened.


 

The next step was massage, not just a simple one, but with special cream. I was reading that it is good to put in the bath some drops of eucalyptus, but till 7 years you don´t need to do this. I am very thankful to the pharmaceutist that he told us about this and advised us to make massage with the cream that is in the picture. It is a gel enriched with 100% organic essential oils and vanilla from Madagascar and you have to apply just a knob of gel once or twice a day (I used twice, in the morning and in the evening) on chest and back ( I also used to do on the feet) massage gently until full absorbtion. 
I want to say that this gel made wonderful thing with our baby.

 Another tip is to give him a little portion of food oftenly than usual, it helps his organism to fight with the cold. As well it is really important to give him a lot of water, that his body doesn´t dehydrate.

In just one day the cold had gone, I was really happy, but I asked the nurse to make the same procedure with water and food as I was doing at home. When I was to pick him up, he was very good.

I felt relieved and I thought that I am very lucky and Damian as well. But few days after he begun to have snot, so the cold didn´t go so quickly as I thought. I didn´t use any special treatment, I just tryed to spent more time on fresh air, and it really helped. As a tip, when I was in the hospital first two days, the nurse told me that were made studies and it is really bad to use nasal aspirator for babies. In case that you use it, you can notice that the problem doesn't dissappear for a long time, and the nose of your baby is making more snot. A friend of mine told me that she used it and snot dissappear for a short time and for a long term she needed to invent something.

I'm happy that Damian is ok. I want to say that all the information that I shared is my own experience and every child is different, so you can choose to treat your child in the same way or differently.

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. You are really good parents! Keep on going the same way ! Here in Moldova our parents were taught not to take outside their children and not to bath if they took cold, but it is totally wrong! Unfortunately, not all the parents from the young generation act as you did! We did the same as you, even if we were a little bit scared. But, as you said, nothing horrible happened! Just keep on from doing the mistake that I did with my first child: don't apply to antibiotics too quickly! I was scared that my child was coughing too hard and I did some times the mistake to give her antibiotics, and at the end I didn't see the result that I was wishing to have. Just be patient, go outside with your child and him to drink more than usual, especially when he has fever! Good luck and much much patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you darling, you know that you are great parents as well. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete