Carnival

Feb 28, 2014
This week was Carnival in Barcelona and all nurseries and schools are preparing different things each day, like drawing the face, put different shoes, pijama and so on. Each school or nursurey has its own agenda, but as an idea it is the same everywhere. The most interesting thing is that even adults dress up or masquerade during the celebrations, which marks an overturning of daily life. Yes it sounds very interesting and actually it is, but for me it was the largest week that could be and I am feeling very tired.

As I didn't have children before :) and during these years of living in Barcelona I have never participated in Carnival I didn't know about this week. On Monday when the nurse told me about this week and gave me a piece of paper with the program of all the week, I put in practice all my imagination to create something interesting for my child.

The first day, that was Monday, all the children had to had two different pairs of shoes so on one foot one shoe and on other another shoe with another color or form. This day we didn't participate as I didn't know about this. On Tuesday it was pijama day.



On Wednesday we had to draw Damian's face. Specially for this task I bought make up that you can draw on babies faces, as well it is important no to leave it for a long time. We opted for something unusual and it was little tiger.... rrrrrr.... our little tiger on that morning was moving so much, as on the picture you can see the third version of make up... and of course all the clothes or things which were nearby were full of these colours.




On Thursay we had to masqarade in somebody unusual, I opted for Mikey Mouse... here I would like to mention that on Monday night I was sewing Mikey Mouse ears and I think that these look pretty good.





And Friday, the last and interesting one. We had the task to bring a bonnet or any other thing for the head.... I bought a bee bonnet, very beautiful and very big as it was perfect for my head, so the night before I was spending on modifying the size of the cap. As well this day was important as in nursery the girls were preparing some costumes to all children and we (all parents) were invited to look at them how beatiful they are and how they are singing songs.... obviously that mine was not singing... but it was great to have a look to other children.




The funniest moment was that Damian fall asleep just before all the show started, and we made very few images. The personage that was represented by boys in the nursery was Pocoyo, very famous here in Spain.






Enjoy the pictures as I'm going to sleep, we love our readers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment