Salt Dough Toys or how to get busy your kid

Jan 1, 2015
It is well known that babies like routine, even when they are kids they like to mantain the same route of the day. While all the people were busy to prepare for the New Year's Eve, we tried to get busy our kid. Because, if I don't get him busy he becomes nervous, and I have to go out as in the flat it is very difficult to stay calm. The idea of sault dough toys came to my mind earlier this month, when one of my colleagues told me that it is a great thing as you don't need to use plasticine, and as he is not so big enough it is safe to use this kind of thing. So, I just was looking for a good moment to do all that, here I want to mention that you need someone who will help you, as alone with a little kid it is difficult to prepare all things done. And some free time, because you will see this process will take you a lot of time, so be prepared to dedicate your child almost 2-3 hours.

I was looking in internet to find the receipe of this kind of thing, but there is a lot of ways to prepare dough. I used this one:

1 cup of flour

1 cup of salt

up to 1 cup of water

but then I had to add more flour as the daugh got more rigid and ready to use it, at the end this need to be as soft as plasticine.

Then you need to prepare the dough as it will be for a pizza and choose some forms for cooking, I donn't have, so we used some of his toys for this :D. As you will see this process took us a lot of time, so be prepared to dedicate your child almost 2-3 hours. When dough and forms from this dough were ready, we put all the forms made in the oven, till these were cooked, but not browned. I got them out and pained these with watercolour, you can use food coloring as well. I think that within all this process Damian had fun twice, first when he worked with dough, and then when he painted the forms. After painting them all, we left them to dry. And that is it!!!

I was tired after this experience, it is true that you and your child have a lot of fun together, and it is a great way to mantain busy your child, but as well it is a lot of work.

Below some pictures, and we want to wish you a Happy New Year!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment