Toddler activities - Part II

Jan 14, 2015
This weekend we didn´t go out of Barcelona, we stayed at home, our lovely flat became a fortune for a lot of funny things with Damian (on Sunday evening we´ve spent a lot of time to put all in order when Damian went to sleep :D). I browse on internet what we can do and how we can play with our child and not to get bored. I want to say that I have never expected that I will have so much fun, playing with him. Try with your kid and you´ll see :).

- fine motor activities

 duck craft - I´ve seen on internet chicken craft here, but I decided to try it with a duck, as Damian loves so much ducks and when he sees a duck he begin to say ¨quack quack¨ :). For this craft you will need, paper, some feathers and glue. Look what we have got:



shape matching - is another activity, here we didn´t make too much effort, as he has a really great toy that helps him to be entertaining. But, if you don´t have such great toy, it is very easy to do it, you will need cardboard, and you can paint the forms, then cut from colored paper the shapes, and leave your child to put cut paper on the shapes painted on the cardboard.

fill the bottle- amazing activity, if you want your toddler to be amused and doesn´t require too much your attention. The idea is to have an empty plastic bottle, rice (you can choose whatever you want), space. Show your child how he needs to fulfil this bottle and that´s it.

make pyramids from cubes


- Montessori activities (1-10 numbers)

 I found this activity a little bit difficult to do with Damian, I think that he is not so big enough for it. I will try again several times to see if it was his first time, or he is too little for this activity.

I used TP tubes for matching the numbers and straws to count the numbers, I find this activity interesting, but maybe it is too early.

 and last but not least activity, you can do it even with babies or your kids is reading or books, babies just love them.


Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment