Researches demonstrate eating together with kids makes them be happier.

Mar 5, 2015
How often do you eat together with your kid or toddler during the week? Do you try to eat together every time when this is possible or you don't care about this?
Almost for one week we have our dinner together like a family. Before I thought, that it is too early to start eating together, as I thought that we won't enjoy it, but it happened to be the opposite. The idea came when Damian refused to eat in his chair, and we were going there and forth and I was following him to get him to eat anything. I thought why not to try to eat all together, as we have a little table and chairs. I prepared the dinner for all three of us, and it was amazing. Firstly, Damian was very happy that we ate at his table, as well he ate alone and we enjoyed our dinner. The amazing thing was that he ate all his soup alone, and it was a success for the last days. Now we have our dinner all together. I feel that this step made easier my life at the dinner time.

Here I would like to share with you, that on the second day of our dinner together I found a really great article about the importance to have dinner together with your child, the article was about children a little bit bigger than our toddler, but anyway I think that it is great to create a tradition in our family. The importance of having meal together with our children is mostly because, our kids have higher attention during the meal hours than otherwise, so it is a great time to share with your kid your feelings, teach him about the life, or other things that you think that are important for your kid. “A recent wave of research shows that children who eat dinner with their families are less likely to drink, smoke, do drugs, get pregnant, become depressed, and develop eating disorders.” I understand that it is too early to talk about these problems when you have a baby or a toddler like me, but think about this, and it is never early or late to make a tradition in your house.

Sorry, no picture from that great evening.

I love this picture, Damian is in the nursery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment