Toddler Activities

Jan 9, 2015
I told you various times that I believe in going out and spend time with my baby on fresh air, but even though we can't stay all day long out, and there is a part of time that we stay at home. While we stayed at home, we have made various activities that helps toddlers to have great time with parents.

1. Fine Motor Skills activities

- this activity Damian used to do in a previous nursery, is called "treasure bag" is a bag full of different toys, it can be as well normal day by day things with different tactile and form structure. It is very important that not all objects used to be plastic ones, as in this activity your toddler learn texture of each object. I have gone even further, I took scissors for kitchen use, and he had to take each object with these scissors and to put them into the bag. First time it was almost impossible that he made this by himself, so I helped him a lot. The second time he understood how to play and was easier for him and for me. I encourage you to try this very interesting activity with your toddler.



- another motor skill activity is putting circles on a stick and create a pyramid, we found this toy in IKEA, firstly I thought, what can my baby do with this, but after we bought it, this become his beloved toy, he plays every day with it. This toy develop his motor skills on putting all the pieces together and create one single form, as well for a toddler that have just 1 year and a half it is not so easy to get this circle into the stick :)



2. Attention activities are various:

- painting - I think all children love this activity, and we (mothers) don't like, as after his play with colors there is so much work in the apartment. Yes, but remember you, when you were a kid how much you liked this activity. They create and they feel them powerful.

- stick color sorting using TP tubes or plastic cups, it requires a lot of attention, as first time for them it is really difficult to understand what you want them to do. For this activity you need to have sticks of different colors, I don't have sticks, so I used straws of different color, some plastic cups, you can use TP tubes and show your child that he has to sort all the straws by colors. We've played 3 or 4 times, and each time is easier to play with him, but as well it is not an easy task. Be patient.


- salt dough - this activity I described in another post, that you can see here

- sorting caps from plastic bottles. I used some caps, and put into them colored paper, and asked Damian, to sort in a line all the caps by theirs color. We played just once, and he didn't do what I asked, but we had fun together :). At the end it doesn't mean that your child have to be a genius, you just need to spend really great time with your toddler


Stay with us for more activities for toddlers in the next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment